Friday, July 22, 2016

completely fluffy & pointless

The Republican National Convention finished up last night. It was ...an experience and I ...learned a lot. I'll leave it at that. If you would like to learn more about what was said there, go out and read it and watch the videos. You too can learn a lot by doing that --just make sure you take your blood pressure medication first. And now, without further ado, I hereby declare this blog post politics free!

...

Fluffy & pointless. Okay, I can do this. Um. I'm out of practice after last night. Um.

...

Bunnies! Bunnies are fluffy! Okay! They have soft fur & wrinkly little noses. I think they love to eat cabbages more than carrots. I'm not sure. Bunnies are defenseless little creatures. We need to protect the bunnies. The bunnies are all ours to protect. We need to build a wall to protect them!

Whoops! Sorry. Let's try again.


...

A silly little poem! Let me try one of those. That will be nice.

Cakes, balloons, & buttercups
& happy birthday presents - 
If someone tries to take these things,
I'll shoot them all like pheasants!

Oh! Not what I was going for. Sorry ...  


...

Maybe it is pointless to try to do this right now. Fluffy bunnies & cakes & balloons & buttercups & presents are all wonderful things. They're all worth protecting. I have no problem with protecting good things; the problem is when we lose sight of the goodness --their goodness & our own --in our desire to protect what is good. The goodness is not fluffy. The goodness is not pointless. The goodness is what makes this world a great place. Let's try to focus on that instead of anger & fear & violence & isolation. 

Does anyone have a silly kitty picture they could share ...?  

No comments:

Post a Comment