Thursday, September 28, 2017

magic trick

Ladies and gentlemen, people of all ages, I am about to attempt magic!

I got this idea last night when I couldn't sleep --always the birthplace of excellent ideas, no? 

My idea: to turn water into wine.

I know what you're thinking: it's been done. True. But has it ever been done on a blog by me? I think not. For those of you who were thinking, "Can I drink it when you're done?" No. All mine. Make your own. I can't get it through the Internets without electrocuting myself anyway --been there, done that ...

So here we go *cracks knuckles" ...


WATER
WAITER
WRITER
WRITE
RITE
SITE
SINE
WINE


Bonus that it even ended up goblet-shaped!

The point of this was not sacrilege. Miracles may happen, but you cannot determine when and where they will happen --we cannot control these things. We may not always be capable of miracles ourselves, but what we are capable of is thinking outside of the (wine) box. The above is an old game you play by starting with one word and changing it into another by adding, changing or eliminating one letter. In this case, I turned water into wine.

(Incidentally, nature also turns water into wine regularly, when rain- and groundwater gets into grapevine roots, travels up to the grapes, etc. But nature is not a person, so I don't know if that counts.)

Try things. Don't be afraid to be creative --you never know where solutions (not necessarily miracles or magic) will lie.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go buy a bottle of something to celebrate. Have a lovely rest of your day.


2 comments:

  1. Incidentally, an anagram of David Ginola is Vagina Dildo, but you may have overlooked that for the sake of keeping things clean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea! And also the fact that it looks like a goblet. There's something about goblet.

    ReplyDelete