Thursday, September 21, 2017

the Proust questionnaire (no. 2)

Next up, we have my friend Tela. She lives here in the U.S. (but on that other coast), and she is pretty amazing. She is a small business owner (technically, you are, Tela!) who grooms dogs.

I'd like to apologize for the bands that show up in these Proust interviews. Apparently, Blogger has issues with copying and pasting. Still good content, though! Get to know Tela ...



What is your idea of perfect happiness? 

Walking hand-in-hand through life with a partner who loves me as much as I love him.

What is your greatest fear? 

Failure


What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? 

My insecurity 

What is the trait you most deplore in others?

A judgmental, arrogant attitude/outlook that makes them believe they are always right.

Which living person do you most admire? 

My two sons. They have been through so much in their young lives and are still so willing to love. 

What is your greatest extravagance? 

My hobbies, show dogs and art supplies

What is your current state of mind? 

Unsure about myself and my future

What do you consider the most overrated virtue? 

Beauty

On what occasion do you lie? 

To spare other’s feelings or to avoid conflict

What do you most dislike about your appearance? 

My weight. I wish I was skinnier.

Which living person do you most despise? 

I don’t despise anyone, at least not that I can think of.

What is the quality you most like in a man? 

The ability to be in charge but not overbearing, as well as self-controlled, and intelligent.

What is the quality you most like in a woman? 

Quiet confidence and intelligence

Which words or phrases do you most overuse? 

I’m not aware any at the moment. Whenever I become aware of phrases or words I am overusing, I stop using them.

What or who is the greatest love of your life? 

Dogs and drawing are my greatest passions. As for who is my greatest love in life, I think it’s too soon to answer that question.

When and where were you happiest? 

Most recently was the times Jeff and I were together. Everything before has been so shrouded in tragedy, I can’t seem to remember my “happiest.”

Which talent would you most like to have? 

I have always wished to be able to write comedy

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? 

My timidity

What do you consider your greatest achievement? 

Not so much an achievement but having the privilege of being the person allowed to walk with my late husband through his illness and death. (There may be too many words in that sentence, but I don’t know how else to convey it)

If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? 

A turkey vulture. They have the best life…gliding through the sky, nothing bothers them, food just laying around.

Where would you most like to live? 

I would love to live in a mountainside cabin

What is your most treasured possession? 

My pets, my art supplies, my iPad, and my car

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? 

Never finding love again

What is your favorite occupation? 

The occupation I most admire is medical doctors.

What is your most marked characteristic? 

Compassion, gentleness, and patience

What do you most value in your friends? 

Understanding and acceptance

Who are your favorite writers? 

I really don’t have a favorite writer

Who is your hero of fiction? 

Not so much a “hero,” but my favorite fictional character is Winston Smith in 1984. I identify with the way his mind works. He desperately needs to rebel, but is always aware of the risks and his ultimate fate….but he hopes, anyway.

Which historical figure do you most identify with? 

Job from the Old Testament

Who are your heroes in real life? 

The closest I have to a real life hero is my father. He is an Air Force veteran, a man of faith with a skeptical, scientific mind, and a sharp wit. He taught me to always think for myself, and gave me my sense of humor.

What are your favorite names? 

I like unique names.

What is it that you most dislike? 

I most dislike when people are cruel. Cruelty is never justified or necessary.

What is your greatest regret? 

Dating that awful boy in high school and allowing him to damage me so much.

How would you like to die? 

I would prefer not to die, but if I must, peacefully in my sleep.

What is your motto? 

Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-control

No comments:

Post a Comment