Saturday, February 4, 2017

six doodles

1. 
Zora Neale Hurston. I was in the mood to do portraits & I saw this photo of her. I loved her hat. As explanation, I did not draw people with noses in 2016.



2.
My friend Deb Olliff is writing a book with orcas in it. This was inspired by that. They're very bold graphically, and I liked the idea of drawing them in multiples.




3.

I wanted to try to figure out watercolor, but I lack training. As a result, my watercolor ended up looking like ink.



4.

Inspired by Shakespeare, but then I had to mangle the quote because I felt like it (originally "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.").



5.

Experimenting with pens and style. I love drawings when they're all one color, except for a detail (in this case, the coffee).



6.
She is wearing origami paper. Origami paper is a weakness -it's so pretty. She needed to be regal in bearing to match her gown.







2 comments: